There are two ways to interface with SWAMID: by becoming a SWAMID member or by providing a service that relies on a SWAMID technologiy profiles. SWAMID membership is generally reserved for government or research and education institutions in Sweden. A company or organization that provides a service to the SWAMID community does not need to become a member of SWAMID.
- Ask [SWAMID Operations] to register and publish metadata for the service provider.
- Integrate [SWAMID Metadata] into the service provider and optionally configure use of the [SWAMID Discovery Service].
An organization that wants to provide identities within the SWAMID federation must become a member of SWAMID.
- Apply for membership in SWAMID by reviewing the SWAMID Policy and submitting a signed copy of the SWAMID Membership Agreement.
- When the membership is approved you are free to deploy identity providers and service providers in SWAMID. Normally a single identity provider per technology profile is required but there are exceptions to that rule. Contact [SWAMID Operations] for more information.
- Additionally your organization may need to fulfill additional identity assurance requirements by conforming to a identity assurance profile.